Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Cannot Create an Empty Database

Loyal Listener

Cannot Create an Empty Database

I am having trouble copying an empty database. We need to move a good portion of our contacts to a separate database. Creating a new database and exporting the contacts seems like a great option for us.  From the file menu I select Copy As. I get all the way through the wizard and the system appears to be creating the files. I then get the message: 

“The specified location for your copy database is invalid. A database must be copied on a drive on your machine.” (I am selecting a local drive.)

In spite of the error the database files seem to have been created, however, when I try to open the database with the user name specified during copy I get the error: “Could not authenticate user. Verify the user name and password.

Any Suggestions?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Cannot Create an Empty Database

Please see if the solutions offered in the following Knowledgebase article help to resolve the issue:

Error: "Could not authenticate user. Verify the user name and password, and try again" or "Your Logi...

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

ACT2009 v11- After Adding New Users Database Won't Open - Could not authenticate user...error

Re: Cannot Create an Empty Database

I am having this same problem when creating a copy (not an empty copy) PLEASE HELP!!! THIS IS URGENT!!! I greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Bill Kaik