Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Cannot Connect to Database - not a restore, but a copy

Tuned Listener

Cannot Connect to Database - not a restore, but a copy

Due to a crash of a C drive, I had to copy my databse to another computer, but now the other computer cannot find the database.  All of my data was stored on a separate hard drive, which is running fine, but since I don't have a backup to restore, how can I attach the new computer using Act 2009 (windows 7) to the databse that I have? 

I have all of the files in my ACT folder, and it isn't a backup file.  Is there a way to link this?

Thank you

Tuned Listener

Re: Cannot Connect to Database - not a restore, but a copy

I was able to fix this by opening the ADF file... but now the problem is the other computers on the network cannot reopen it, even with the PAD file.

It gives the error about not being able to locate the database, even though they are clicking on the right PAD file.
Platinum Super Contributor

From your other post that mentions 'Supplemental folders', here is an article with steps to resolve that message: KB Article 19876

Greg Martin
Sage
Tuned Listener

Well, I read the article, but it turned out to be that I thought it was shared because sharing was great out on the toosls - databse menu, so I ran the program as admin, then shared the databse.

The remaining problem is on 1 computer where I cannot install it because it is in the cycle of stating that it's already registered.  I tried the tips from the knowledge base by looking at the registry, but the key that they mention is not there.  It referenec HKEY_local_machine - software - act... it's not there.