11-13-2009 07:32 AM
I see all the messages to be attached to ACT! when I click on the icon on my taskbar (there is an "x"), when I open it and click "attach to ACT!" it doesn't attach the messages and the "x" remains on the icon.
Thank you in advance for your help.
11-17-2009 10:17 AM
Try this procedure:
- Close ACT! and Outlook
- Open your Windows Task Manager (Ctrl+Alt+Del)
- Under the Processes tab, End Process on Act.Outlook.Service.exe
- From Start/Run (XP) or Start/Search (Vista), type in %appdata%...this will open your Application Data directory
- In this directory, open the ACT folder and then the Act for Windows(version#) folder. If there is an "Act for Windows(version#) folder, where the "version#" is not the version of ACT! you are using, then delete that folder.
- In the Act for Windows folder (for your version), open the History Queue folder and delete the entire contents.
- Browse to C:\Program Files\ACT\Act for Windows, locate the file Act.Outlook.Service.exe, and double-click the file to restart the service. You won't see anything happen, but you can verify the service is running by looking under the Processes tab in the Task Manager.
- Open ACT! and Outlook and send an email to test
Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.