Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Cannot Attach Message to ACT! 2009

Copper Contributor

Cannot Attach Message to ACT! 2009

I see all the messages to be attached to ACT! when I click on the icon on my taskbar (there is an "x"), when I open it and click "attach to ACT!" it doesn't attach the messages and the "x" remains on the icon.

Thank you in advance for your help.

David

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Cannot Attach Message to ACT! 2009

Hello David,

Try this procedure:

- Close ACT! and Outlook

- Open your Windows Task Manager (Ctrl+Alt+Del)

- Under the Processes tab, End Process on Act.Outlook.Service.exe

- From Start/Run (XP) or Start/Search (Vista), type in %appdata%...this will open your Application Data directory

- In this directory, open the ACT folder and then the Act for Windows(version#) folder. If there is an "Act for Windows(version#) folder, where the "version#" is not the version of ACT! you are using, then delete that folder.

- In the Act for Windows folder (for your version), open the History Queue folder and delete the entire contents.

- Browse to C:\Program Files\ACT\Act for Windows, locate the file Act.Outlook.Service.exe, and double-click the file to restart the service. You won't see anything happen, but you can verify the service is running by looking under the Processes tab in the Task Manager.

- Open ACT! and Outlook and send an email to test

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.