Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can you use your synced outlook contact information to create a company?

Can you use your synced outlook contact information to create a company?

I just bought ACT 2013. Last week, I synced my outlook with AT and now have all my contacts on ACT. Well, each contact has a company and an address contained within the outlook contact. Is there a way to use that information to create a company in ACT? I

Also, I created a company within ACT and then added a new contact under that company. However, the address of the company did not show up under the contact. Am I doing something wrong?

Please help me!

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Can you use your synced outlook contact information to create a company?

Hello Nashville Wolverines,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

Depending on how many contacts you have, there are 2 options for creating Company records:

1. Manually.  If there aren't too many contacts, from the Contact Detail view > click Contacts > Create Company from Contact.

2. Import list of Companies.  From the Contact List view > displaying the company field > use Export to Excel.  Remove all unnecessary fields from the Excel file > then import the file into Companies using File > Import > Excel file > Companies option.  You would then need to link the contacts with the Company records.

To update contact information with Company information: select the desired Company record > click Companies > select Update Linked Contacts.  This will only update contacts which are 'linked', the ones with the blue/underlined company name.

Greg Martin
Sage