Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can you still register older versions of ACT! that you buy?

Can you still register older versions of ACT! that you buy?

Is it still possible to register older versions of Sage ACT! software that you buy, say, from Amazon?

Until recently, we were running Sage ACT! 2006 (version 8) on an old XP laptop. We upgraded to a Windows 7 laptop. We are currently running the same ACT! 2006 in trial mode under Windows XP Mode in Windows 7 because we've been unable to register it. We'd like to upgrade to a newer version but don't really need all the features of the latest version 16. ACT! 2011 Pro or ACT! 2012 Pro is compatible with Windows 7 and Office 2010, and would be more than enough for our current needs.

If we buy an older retail version of ACT! 2011 Pro or ACT! 2012 Pro from someplace like Amazon or Software4Salespeople, is it still possible to register and activate this older software?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Can you still register older versions of ACT! that you buy?

Yes you could register either of those. However IMHO buying a three or four old version where you don't need it as an additional license does not make sense. What you miss out on in addition ot the new features is bug fixes, compatibility with other programs and access to supoort. The prices I saw on Amaxon for the older versions don't represent a significant savings over the prices for ACT! 16 that would be available through an ACT! Certified Consultant. 

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Elite Contributor

yes, the software will register just fine. Just make sure you buy a new, sealed, retail box.

Software4Salespeople has a good reputation for always selling new, sealed, legit product.

Mark Hammer
ACT! Fanatic

Thank you both for the quick replies.

Roy:
Sage ACT! 2012 Pro is only two years old and is still supported by Swiftpage, at least until 11/30/14. For that reason alone, I'd probably go with 2012 over 2011 given the minor price difference.

I noticed you only seem to have to upgrade versions of prior and current ACT! software for sale on your website. Is that correct or did I miss something?

Mark:
I noticed that the price for Sage ACT! 2012 Pro New on your website is significantly higher than the price for Sage ACT! Pro 2011 New, and even higher than for Sage ACT! Pro 2013 New and act! v16 Pro New. Is there a reason for this? Was 2012 a particularly popular version?

Copper Elite Contributor

prices are based on supply and demand.

I wish I could tell you they stayed constanst, but they often changed multiple times a month. Give us a call if you'd like to discuss in more detail

Mark Hammer
ACT! Fanatic
Platinum Elite Contributor

I sent you a private message.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129