Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can you select the user with an "activity series" or with "SAM"

Skilled Commentator

Can you select the user with an "activity series" or with "SAM"

Hi,  I have created an activity series to schedule 10 or so follow ups on clients.  This works fine for the basics however by default it of courses schedules it for admin as we are always logged in as admin.  Each staff member has their own column using CVP (we just never log in as them as its the one computer) so it is of course a pain that the activity series is scheduled under admin and not the staff member who will follow up.  We can of course move the activity to the relevant staff member but each one has to be done individually, I don't appear to be able to move the series.  How can I quickly and easily schedule an activity series for the applicable user without being logged on as that user?

I'm also looking at using SAM to do more advanced client follow ups.  Will SAM solve the above issue for me? 

Or is there another way all together (either through ACT or an add on) to get reminders to follow up clients at the relevant dates?

Thanks!

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Can you select the user with an "activity series" or with "SAM"

While you are creating an Activity Series there is an option to select the User that the activity(s) will be 'scheduled for'.  

For your situation, you  could either create an Activity Series specifically for each of your users, or edit the Activity Series and select the appropriate User before scheduling it.

Greg Martin
Sage
Skilled Commentator

Thanks greg, I don't know how I missed that bit! I can now select the user fine now when creating or editing an activity series.  However I can't see how to do that when a field is changed and the series pops up or I go schedule > activity series.  In this window I can change Activity series template, however the list of activities that appears below it is unable to be edited.  All I can change is the anchor date, schedule with and the activity series template

I can't really have a series for each staff member as we have about 10 staff (and high staff turnover) and 5 activity series so that would mean setting up 50 of them.

Platinum Super Contributor

The only place you can change the 'Schedule For' information is under the Schedule > Manage > Activity Series Templates > select 'Edit Existing Template'.  You would have to edit the template and then go to Schedule > Activity Series to run it.

Greg Martin
Sage