Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can you install ACT! 2006 (8.0) on Windows 7?

Can you install ACT! 2006 (8.0) on Windows 7?

[ Edited ]

I am just getting ready to start using ACT.  I need to use ACT 2006 b/c of some guidance from our company.  I have a new computer using Windows 7 and Office 2010.  From reading your post it looks like you have a similar setup, but I'm not sure if it works with 2010.  I'm just trying to make sure I can still use Windows 7 and Office 2010.  I was told I would need to go to Windows XP but it would be nice to stick with Windows 7 if possible.  Will this all work?

Thanks

[Edit: updated subject line to match topic]

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Can you install ACT! 2006 (8.0) on Windows 7?

[ Edited ]

swolford wrote:

I am just getting ready to start using ACT.  I need to use ACT 2006 b/c of some guidance from our company.  I have a new computer using Windows 7 and Office 2010.  From reading your post it looks like you have a similar setup, but I'm not sure if it works with 2010.  I'm just trying to make sure I can still use Windows 7 and Office 2010.  I was told I would need to go to Windows XP but it would be nice to stick with Windows 7 if possible.  Will this all work?

Thanks

ACT! 2006 was written for SQL 2000, which Microsoft never made compatible with Vista or Win7 and it certainly won't work with Office 2010

You'll need to either upgrade ACT! or go back to XP

[ Edited ]

So if I go back to XP and use Act 2006, is Office 2007 compatible with it?

[ Edited ]

I realize this thread is over a year old, but if I found this thread searching google for "ACT! 2006 Windows 7" then surely others will too.  

GLComputing, most of your advice I've seen on this forum has been absolutely incorrect.  Office 2007 is incompatible with Windows XP?  Lets think about this.  Since Windows 7 was released about 2 years after Office 2007, that would mean there were two years when NOBODY could run office 2007.

Windows XP Runs Office 2007 just fine.

Bronze Super Contributor

Efforvesce, Mike was right with regards Office 2007 & ACT! 6, as per this KB article: http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/20178/kw/Office%202007

I think Mike actually meant that Office 2007 was not compatible with ACT! 2006.

If he meant Windows XP and Office 2007 then I'd slap him too.

Smiley Happy

I use ACT! 2006 on Vista, and it works fine.

I am now trying to load it on a new machine which has windows 7.

I don't believe you can run ACT! 2006 on Windows 7 because Windows 7 doesn't support the Microsoft version of the .NET framework and the MSSQL version required for ACT! 2006.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

I have used Act! 2006  Version 8.0.2.82 on my company's laptop for two years.  They have upgraded my laptop to a new machine using Windows 7 Professional.  I am trying to load my ACt! software on the new machine but am experiencing difficulties.  Will Act! 2006 Version 8 work on Windows 2007 Professional?

I don't want to have to spend boatloads of money to upgrade to a new version of ACT!, this program works fine for my needs.

So, In other words, I have to BUY yet another copy of ACT! ?

I bought a copy in 2000.

Then I had to buy another copy in 2006.

Now they are going to force me to buy another copy in 2012?  I don't think so.  If I cannot get it to work, I'll go to another program.