Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can you help me? I need to purchase a new phone that I can sync with ACT! 9.x/2007.

Can you help me? I need to purchase a new phone that I can sync with ACT! 9.x/2007.

My database has approximately 11,750 contacts and I use Verizon for mobile service.

The phone I have used for the past 2 years was a Samsung I-730 with Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition. What I liked about it was Active Sync was fast and always kept my contacts and schedule up-to-date. Searches for contacts were also pretty fast.  

I purchased a Samsung I-760 with a Windows Mobile 6 Professional Operating System. After I installed Act Link for Pocket PC and synced the phone performance was extremely slow searching for contacts. Is there a compatibility problem with Act Link for Pocket PC and Windows Mobile 6 Professional?

I need a device that uses Active Sync to keep everything continuously up to date, Or a device that will sync updates from my data base with in 5 minutes. I know the initial sync will take some time.  What do you recommend I will consider anything Windows Pocket PC, Palm, or Blackberry.  I will also use e-mail probably exchange with the phone.

Please let me know what you recommend.

Nickel Contributor m4y
Nickel Contributor

Re: Can you help me? I need to purchase a new phone that I can sync with ACT! 9.x/2007.

In your case, I recommend using an add-on. Have a look at this page

Xavier Nyssen

ACT! Certified Consultant @ Intuitis | Belgium
{ +32 64 45 08 00 | xavier@intuitis.be | http://intuitis.be }
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Can you help me? I need to purchase a new phone that I can sync with ACT! 9.x/2007.

Have a look at the 14-day trial of Handheld Contact.

It should work with the I--760 as it works with Windows Mobile 5/6 or Blackberry smart phones

I've been using it for a few years and love it