Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can you export an ACT! database to Sage CRM?

Copper Contributor

Can you export an ACT! database to Sage CRM?

Can you?

Is it easy?

Is it a "good" ting to do? (changing from act to Sage CRM??)

Copper Super Contributor

Re: Can you export an ACT! database to Sage CRM?

There is a migration utility available at http://www.inaplex.com/Products/smoverview.aspx

SageCRM is a very powerful product and has some advantages over ACT!. Namely that it is more customisable to meet the users requirments. Whilst in ACT! you can control what contacts and what field data users can see with the security model, in Sage CRM you can go a step further and customise what can be seen on the user interface and in turn what functionality a user can access.

The ability to setup complex worfkflow to ensure users follow certain steps in a certain order in a given situation is particularly beneficial. Add the escalation rules functionality is good if you would like alerts if a task isn't done within a given time frame. 

The Outlook Integration is also quite good. Being able to associate emails with a support case, a sales opportunity or any other custome entity like a project can be pretty useful.

On the downside for ACT! users, the User Interface is very different. I don't think it is anywhere near as nice a product to use from a feature discovery or ease of navigation point of view.

Darren Flood
ACT! Certified Consultant
Evolution Marketing;
ACT! Software
& CRM Consultants - Australia
Copper Contributor

That looks relay nice.

Some things I wonder is if it can migrate extra fields/tabs that i added to the Company view (and ofcorse the data stored in them) and if you can make reports in the same way to as in ACT! or equal to that. 

As I think this is the main functions we are going to use in ACT! or Sage CRM this is wery intresting for me to know. 

Copper Contributor

Hi

Sage Migrator comes with a set of maps to move standard fields from ACT! to SageCRM.

These maps can be modified by the user to add mapping for custom fields, do conditional tests on the data, or exclude records that you do not want to bring across.

Any other questions, please ask. We are the developers of Sage Migrator.

Regards

David Evans

InaPlex - CRM Integration

Hi, I know this post was several years ago, but I do have a question.  Will the notes/histories also be able to migrate from ACT 10 to SAGE CRM without a loss since they are not "fields"?

Copper Contributor

Hi Kimberley

Sage Migrator was discontinued a couple of eyars ago, but the migration maps are available as a free down load from our web site (http://www.inaplex.com)

You can use a 30 day Inaport for SageCRM license to do the migration - more informaiton from:

Inaport for SageCRM

And yes, hisotry and activities are brought across, as are aopporuntiesi and email (with some caveats)

Feel free to contact us direct for any further questions: info at inaplex dot com

Regards

David Evans

Inaport - CRM Integration

http://www.inaplex.com

OK, thank you very much.  I appreciate it.