Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can you Drag & Drop from Outlook 2010 to ACT Pro 2012

Copper Contributor

Can you Drag & Drop from Outlook 2010 to ACT Pro 2012

I am hoping to find out a way to drag and drop an email from Outlook 2010 into the history tab in ACT Pro 2012.

I try to drag it across and the cursor appears as though it will drop into the history tab, but when you drop it nothing actually appears.

I tried going out of the contact and back in to refresh but still nothing.

Is there any way this can be done?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Can you Drag & Drop from Outlook 2010 to ACT Pro 2012

Not currently an option ... but I think it would be nice. Might need a warning if attaching to a contact with a different email address.

You might post a request for this feature to be considered for a future version here -
http://community.act.com/t5/SHARE-YOUR-IDEAS/idb-p/ideas

Input from this web page goes directly into a database that management has direct access to read, and which they also track and gather statistics on. It also allows other users to vote on these so Sage can get an idea of the demand

This article might help word the request to make it easier for management to look at it:
http://blog.glcomputing.com.au/2011/01/how-are-product-management-decisions.html

Copper Contributor

Thanks for that, I have submitted the request where you suggested.

This would make our life much easier.

As we cannot use the auto attach because we get emails come in for contacts from a number of different addresses and send from different addresses, so we need to manually attach emails to the contacts.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Copper Contributor

Yeah but it would be much simpler to just drag and drop, we are using the manual attach with the add on, but it would be ideal to just grab the emails we want and drag and drop them in to history.