Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can we revert to an earlier date?

Can we revert to an earlier date?

Hello,

I am new to the forum. I work with two other people that are running Act 9.0. I have the main DB on my laptop and the other two are using remote DB's on their laptops. I had our administrator clean up the database on her remote copy and then we would sync over the internet. Everything seemed to go okay except it didn't seem to transfer all of the names that she corrected on her copy to mine. (Names in all caps were corrected to upper and lower case on her copy but not mine) The big problem is that she just did a sync today with my computer and everything that she had corrected over the past several weeks are back, i.e. all the dups, case changes, etc. we did not make a backup of the database prior to syncing and the only thing that I can think of that was different this time is that I sync'ed with my Blackberry both ways for the first time. I was trying to get anything that I added to my Blackberry into the main DB. She is distraught and I don't know if we can revert back to the way it was yesterday. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Terry

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Can we revert to an earlier date?

Not without a backup.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Okay, Thanks! Any ideas as to why I may not get the case changes made on the remote copy?

Platinum Elite Contributor

The most likely reason is the time and date stamp on the changes. Basically two people make a change to the same field and then sync, the latest change wins.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129