Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can't start SQL Server (ACT7)

Can't start SQL Server (ACT7)

When I try to start the SQL Server, I get the following message:

SQL Server (ACT7) service on local computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they have no work to do, example, the Performance Logs and Alerts Service

How can I get the SQL Server to start without stopping????

I am unable to access Act Database.

Copper Super Contributor

Re: Can't start SQL Server (ACT7)

Hi

Which version of act are you using? and are you trying to open the local Database?

I am using Act 9.x/2007.  Database is installed on my laptop.  Not accessing through a server.

I have a VISTA based laptop operating remotely and have issues with synchronization everytime ACT pushes an update.  In the most recent iteration Technical support (11490251) ended up saying that it was a "dot NET" issue and that I would have to contact Microsoft to resolve.  Two MS certified technicians later and another 12h without my laptop the issue is unresolved, my remote database is gone and I cannot unpack and restore the new remote database.

The issue is now, perhaps, cannot start SQL Server (ACT7) and have followed the knowledge base article for uninstalling and reinstalling to no effect.  My advice, don't ever accept an update.

Platinum Elite Contributor

What version of the ACT! program are you using? Go to Help | About ACT! to find out.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

ACT! by Sage Premium 2008 (10.0) (ST Edition) Version 10.0.3.182, Hotfix 1\

The issue is now resolved after another couple of hours with Sage support.  The tech uninstalled everything to do with SQL including the reg file, uninstalled the SQL programs using "Uninstall", deleted an over abundance of Temp content, and reinstalled SQL with success.  I still believe the "dot NET" issue was a red herring (error messages are not perfect in their reporting).