Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can't send emails through Ouytlook 2013 from ACT! Pro 2011

Copper Contributor

Can't send emails through Ouytlook 2013 from ACT! Pro 2011

Hi, I have swapped my ACT! Pro 2011 to a new Windows7, Outlook 2013 PC and the database seems to be OK.

On the old PC I used to click on the email address in the Contact record and my Outlook cient would open up a new email. OR, I would have an Outlook email open and then in ACT! click Email>View Email which would then switch me back to the open email to Reply.

(And I only just realized that ACT has some internal email client but for various reasons I prefer to stick with Outlook, and with ACT!  logging those emails in History of each Contact.)

On my new PC I click on the contact's email address and it asks me to set up email, but only offers "Internet Email" which seems to be ACT! internal email client. There is something about importing email used in previous PC, and although I've successfully transferred the pst file ACT! cannot find this. Also, the old emails seem to appear just fine in ACT! - that is, they seem to have come across fine in the ACT! backup zip, somehow embedded.

How can I make it so that, once more, when I click on the contact's email address, Outlook pops up wih a New Email?

I'm probably doing something stupid - any help much appreciated!

Copper Contributor

Re: Can't send emails through Ouytlook 2013 from ACT! Pro 2011

PS If I click on Help>Act Update.... I get the message "You already have the latest version of ACT!"

My version is

Sage ACT! Pro 2011 Version 13.0.401.0, Hot Fix 2

Platinum Elite Contributor

Copper Contributor

Aaaaargh. Thanks Mike!

I don't mind paying the money - it's the time swapping to a new version that sends cold shivers up my spine.........

Thankyou.

Copper Contributor

Aaaaargh. Thanks Mike!

I don't mind paying the money - it's the time swapping to a new version that sends cold shivers up my spine.........

Thankyou.

Platinum Elite Contributor

v16 is faster and more stable ... should save you time/money :-)

Microsoft changed a lot of stiff in O2013 ... most developers had quote a few issues