Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can't seem to update 2012 Pro to SP1 and SP1HF4

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Can't seem to update 2012 Pro to SP1 and SP1HF4

When I download the files from Sage, I get the download manager, which then fails to connect to the actual files and download them.  It is possible that it is having trouble negotiating our proxy (we are on Active Directory...but who knows how this app was designed!).  Otherwise I have no clue.  NOBODY at Sage seems able to find me a direct link to those files.  Would anybody out there have a way for me to get the actual files? 

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author tom.hurford
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Can't seem to update 2012 Pro to SP1 and SP1HF4

Hello Tom,
If your proxy is preventing connection to our download server, an alternative would be to download it from a computer not on your network (like your home machine), copy the files to a flash drive, and copy them to your machine.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author tom.hurford
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Hello Tom,
If your proxy is preventing connection to our download server, an alternative would be to download it from a computer not on your network (like your home machine), copy the files to a flash drive, and copy them to your machine.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Yeah, the downloader has issues with proxies and they don't have links (like they used to) to download directly.

If you're still having issues, and you deal with an ACT! Consultant ... they will certainly be able to get you a direct link.