Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can't seem to install the SQL Server Instance for ACT! 2011 Pro

Can't seem to install the SQL Server Instance for ACT! 2011 Pro

[ Edited ]

I’m installing ACT! Pro 2011 on a new Windows 7 computer which has the 3.5.1 Net Framework, UAC is disabled.

During install I get the error “Sage ACT! Pre-requisite has encountered a problem and needs to close.  As instructed under Answer ID 28486 I renamed the PreReq folder.  ACT did install, but did so without the SQL Server.

I uninstalled ACT so that I could try to manually Create the SQL Server instance.

As instructed under Answer ID 26994 I double-clicked on the setup.exe for the SQL but get the error “Managed SQL Server installer has stopped working.

As instructed under Answer ID 27830 I made sure to enable all options within the Microsoft net Framework 3.5.1 option in the Turn Windows Features On or Off function.  (They were not all enabled so I did enable them.)

I still get the same errors when trying to install ACT.

At this point I don’t know what else to try?  Can anyone help??

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Can't seem to install the SQL Server Instance for ACT! 2011 Pro

Is .NET Framework 4 Client installed?  If yes, and no other applications use it, uninstall it and then attempt to install SQL. 

Note: .NET 4 can be reinstalled afterward.

Greg Martin
Sage

What I ultimately had to do is download SQL Server 2008 from Microsoft and manually create the ACT7 instance as instructed in Answer ID 25198.  Then I was able to install ACT.

Platinum Super Contributor

Glad to know you were able to resolve the issue! Thank you for the update.
Greg Martin
Sage