Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can't save attachments ACT 2011

Copper Contributor

Can't save attachments ACT 2011

Since switching to 2011 we have one user who has issues saving attachements.  When he goes to save an attachment he gets this error:

\\Server\Shared\file name.docx is currently in use. Try again later

This only happens to him and he is working in Word 2007.  Our attachments are on a shared folder on our server (server 2008).   Any ideas?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Can't save attachments ACT 2011

Hello bonddevick,
Is this user or other users accessing the database through terminal services? If so, this is a reported issue under investigation where the error you described will occur when multiple users are logged into the database via terminal services.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Tuned Listener

I would first wonder if this user can save files that are on his local hard drive or not.

I'd also just double check that the option to disallow attaching isn't checked:

1. Tools menu, click Preferences

2. Go to the Admin tab

3. Make sure the "Allow database attachment" options are all checked

I'm guessing that's a global option so if some users can make attachments than that's not likely it. But I'd double check since it only takes a second.

Marshall Hayes
ACT! Certified Consultant
Hayes Consulting LLC
www.HayesConsultingOnline.com
Copper Contributor

While the database is on a server, it is just a shared database, the user has act running on his computer.

I checked is preferences are correct.

This error does not occur every single time, ever since we upgraded to 2011 though it started occurring and is occurring more and more often.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Does this happen when he is saving a new attachment or opening an existing one, editing it and re-saving? Or both?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

Both

Copper Contributor

Does anyone know if this was resolved with hotfix 3?  Now it is starting to happen to other users (I can resolve it temporarily by removing and reinstalling act but then the issue slowiy returns, e.g. not every time).

Was this ever resolved?  We have the same problem when we go to edit an existing merged Word 2007 or 2010 doc.

Copper Contributor

We left act and went to Redtail, ACT 2011 had too many bugs and basically stopped our systems cold.