Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can't run act 2010 anymore

Can't run act 2010 anymore

Just upgraded from Vista 64 to Windows 7. Act! worked perfectly before but now when I start Act! it asks me to register again... When I put my serial in the box it's says it's not a vaild serial number.... I just bough Act in April?

The program seems to work... It's just that I can't get past the registration process...

Please help all my contacts are in there

Re: Can't run act 2010 anymore

dvachon,

While Windows 7 is not officially supported at this time, your issue does not seem to be related to Windows 7.

Here are a couple things you can try.  ACT! will need to be closed before doing this steps.

Ensure the Protexis Licensing V2 service is started.

- Go to Start and select Run

- Type services.msc and click Ok.

- Find Protexis Licensing V2 and start the service.

Run ACT! as an administrator

- Right click the ACT! shortcut and select Run as Administrator.

Rebuild registration files.

- Stop the Protexis service.

- Delete RegistrationData.xml from C:\ProgramData\ACT!\ACT! for Windows 12

- Browse to C:\User\All Users\Application Data.  Delete KGyGaAvL.sys and 10 digit alphanumeric .sys files.

- Start the Protexis service.

IT's Act for windows 11 that I have.

I can't find the find the path :

- Browse to C:\User\All Users\Application Data.  Delete KGyGaAvL.sys and 10 digit alphanumeric .sys files.

I have user/all user but no Application data folder...

I did delete the registrationData.xml in  C:\ProgramData\ACT!\ACT! for Windows 11

The subject for the thread says 2010, which is why I added 12 in the paths.  You're using ACT! 2009 (11.0).

You can find the steps in the knowledgebase article below.

Cannot Register to Activate the ACT! Software

Still not working I still get the 866 number to call

Copper Contributor

I have had the same problem and it is re-occurring on a regular basis. The route suggested does solve the problem, but you will have to do it every 2 or 3 weeks. This started on another computer with Windows 7 (64 bit) and Act 11, I was told by support that it was that the version was not supported on W7, so I bought the next version (2011) and still get the same issue. New computer and we are still getting the same problem

stop the service, delete the files , start the service, getting to a stage where I can see me dumping the software for a more stable one. I only use it as a CRM system, and not all the so called bells and whistles, don't need sales reports and projections.

Platinum Super Contributor

The issue suggests that either something is corrupting the registration files, or blocking access to them.

Have you been running the ACT! program 'As Administrator?  To do this: close ACT! > right click on ACT! icon > select 'Run As Administrator'.  You can also set it to 'Always Run As Administrator' by: right click on ACT! icon > select Properties > select Compatibility tab > enable 'Always Run as Administrator' option at bottom of tab.

What is the anti-virus/firewall software you are running?  Have you added exceptions to the anti-virus/firewall software?  Here is an article with instructions for adding exceptions: KB Article 25125

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

This is not a suggestion. I am not using it over a network, only on a laptop, same as i have been since  Version 3 in 2000.

I usually run as a user (only one on this pc), BUt just to test out your thoughts, just set to run as administrator, and guess what,,, yep you guessed it, the software wont run, those darn files have been created again.

Copper Contributor

Oh, for those of you on Windows 7 64 bit, the path  for the lock files, or whatever they are is C:\Program data

As this is a system folder, you may have to change your settings to make this folder visible