Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can't restore email

Can't restore email

I have Act 2009 and am changing computers from XP to Vista.  I backed up the old Email DB on the XP computer, transferred the zip file to the new computer (several ways and times) followed the process of restoring the Email db and I don't get any of the folders I've created or emails.  I've even tried to copy the individual emails and paste them in the inbox on the new computer but it won't let me.

The email backup is only 10,000 kb and does restore correctly on the old computer so I know the data is good in the backup zip file.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Can't restore email

It may be that the email database is not properly attaching to SQL.  You can check the Database List in ActDiag to see if it is connecting.  From Vista, you can open ActDiag from your Start button, then typing actdiag in the Search box.  When ActDiag opens, then go to Databases/Database List and see if there is a database called ActEmailMessageStore.

You may need to contact ACT! Technical Support to assist you with manually attaching that email database.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.