Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can't remove cleared activities in ACT!2008

Can't remove cleared activities in ACT!2008

Hi,

The other day I noticed I had cleared activities in my calendar going back to April 2004. I went into Database Maintenance and Remove old data and set it everything to "Older than 400 Days" it appeared to remove some items but there are still 1,600 or so cleared activities going back to 2004.

If you go to task list, Past, view cleared you can see all the activities. If you select say, 10 of them, right click and select "clear multiple activities" nothing happens. If I select a single activity I cannot delete it either. If I click the tick to "unclear it" that works, I can then tick it again and clear, then erase which gets rid of the activity once and for all.

I have been synchronising with Outlook using Companion Link and then with a Nokia N95 8GB, but there are no activities showing in Outlook going back that far. So I think the problem is within ACT! rather than some synchronisation issue. I have also run ActDiag without any success.

Any ideas what's going on?

ACT!2008 10.0.0.237, Hotfix 1 (Single User Database)

Thanks,

Charles
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Can't remove cleared activities in ACT!2008

You might try an update to 10.02

You can download the current patch from http://www.act.com/support/updates/index.cfm

Also try the data repair options in these ACT! Knowledge Base articles:

Hi Mike,

I've done it!!!

I saved the database with a different name so that I could play around with it. I then ran the "Remove Old Data" and selected to remove everything over 1 day old. Obviously lots of thing got removed, but when I looked at the Task List, cleared activities had been removed older than 1 day but only up to about March, 2007. All the other activities were still there back to early 2004.

My guess is that this is something to do with the fact the earlier activities were created and cleared with previous versions of ACT! (ACT! 6.0 in some cases).

I then created a completely new database, new name etc. and imported the old database into it using the Wizard. When I then ran the "Remove Old Data" (cleared activities set to older than 100 days), it worked.

Thanks anyway, I'll have a look at the update.

Regards,

Charles Turner
Platinum Elite Contributor

Yeah, ACT! 6.0 and earlier could sometime have damage in the data that is only an issue later.

Make sure you backup and do the data repair functions anyway