Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can't reinstall ACT 2007

Can't reinstall ACT 2007

I've been having a lot of problems installing ACT version 9. I originally had it on my computer, but for some reason it stopped working and I could no longer open the program. I looked online and thought maybe this could be because I still had an earlier version of ACT (2006) on my computer. I removed ACT 2007 with ease, but had difficulties removing the earlier ACT version. I tried uninstalling the programs through the forum both manually and the regular uninstallation process. All through this time, my computer has not been able to open the ACT 2007 disc or program to reinstall. Finally I tried the uninstaller exe. program with the microsoft .net version 2 downloaded. When I tried this, it told me there was no ACT programs on my computer, but when I try to upload the disc, it tells me about some dll error and refuses to open. I really like the program, and would like to get it back onto my computer and working. Any ideas? Thanks!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Can't reinstall ACT 2007

What is the exact message or messages you are receiving when you try to install ACT! 2007?  Also, what operating system/service pack do you have on you machine?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

I am using Windows XP on my computer. The error message that comes up is:

C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\S32EVNT1.DLL. An installable virtual device driver failed Dll initialization.

This message comes up when I insert the disc into my computer. If I try to open the ACT 2007 files from MY COMPUTER the same message comes up. I can view the files on the disc, but cannot open any of them to start installation.

Thanks.

Nickel Elite Contributor

This error is related to the Symantec product you have installed, not ACT!.  Please review the Symantec site for resolution:

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/ent-security.nsf/0/a22e09c4be40053680256dac00564a18?OpenDocumen...

thanks

Matthew McFadden