Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can't place Tab Stop on all fields. ACT! 2008 v10.0

Tuned Listener

Can't place Tab Stop on all fields. ACT! 2008 v10.0

I have created a lot of fields, inserted them where I want them, and only SOME of them will accept a Tab Stop, and some of them won't.  When I am in the "view tab stops" mode, the cursor switches to a crosshair on the fields that will allow me to place a Tab Stop. There are however, fields that the cursor does NOT swich to the crosshair, nor can I place a Tab Stop on that field.

Perhaps this will help...on the main contact screen, the fields that won't allow a Tab Stop, are all in the lower part of the screen.  In other words, I have three columns, and eight rows of fields, and I can't place a Tab Stop on any of the rows below #5. (I can't see why that should matter???)

What do I need to do to be able to place a Tab Stop on all fields that I have created?

Thank you!

ACT! 2008 v10.0

Re: Can't place Tab Stop on all fields. ACT! 2008 v10.0

How many fields to you have on the layout?  Are they actually fields or labels?
Tuned Listener

Re: Can't place Tab Stop on all fields. ACT! 2008 v10.0

Hi David,

I have a total of about 100 fields that I am trying to tab through. And in answer to your question, they are all fields.

Layout Designer is allowing me to have the same Tab Stop number on more than one field...albeight different fields on different tabs.  On the Contact Detail....when I tab from field to field, (there are 20 tab stops in Contact Detail) and another 80 or so on multiple Tabs below...it will only tab through the 20 on the Contact Detail, and start over at Tab Stop #1....it won't tab to #21 UNLESS  I am on the tab where Tab Stop #21 is located.

In my last version of Act! (version 6) I could go from tab to tab, and it would automatically open the next tab where the next Tab Stop was.

Any ideas?  Thank you very much!

Peace!

Rich

Any ideas?  Thank you very much!

Peace!

Rich