Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can't open .wpa files

Copper Contributor

Can't open .wpa files

I have a client who has ACT! 9.01 with hotfix. He is not able to open .wpa files. He double clicks on it and nothing happens. I did go to the contro panel to see if .wpa is associated with ACT! 2007. Not sure why this is happening or how to fix this problem.

Bronze Contributor

Re: Can't open .wpa files

I just looked in Explorer file associations and WPA is associated with ACT on my system maybe you remove these and then reassociate might work for you but which Word processor is set in the communication TAB in ACT might also be a place to start and have you tried opening them from within ACT
Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.
Copper Contributor

Re: Can't open .wpa files

Thank you for responding. This client has ACT! by Sage 2007 and Office 2007. Office 2007 is not compatible with ACT! 2007. I did verify that they have the ACT! Word Processor selected and also went to folder options to look at the file association. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled ACT. I have a feeling there is something going on with the registery... I just don't know where to look.