Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can't open existing database or create a new database

Can't open existing database or create a new database

After loading ACT 2007 (9.0) onto a new PC with Vista, I was unable to register due to not being recognized as the administrator. I was able to access my database after cancelling the registration. Once I fixed the administrator problem per help.ACT.com, I successfully registered ACT and updated the software. However, I can no longer open my database. When I attempt to do so, I get a message saying that Database attempting to open must be updated to a new version....would you like to backup now? The next message is ACT will now update the Database. The process may take several minutes. After hitting OK, another message says "Error in the Application". I attempted to create a new database and got a message that There are not enough licenses in this Database to allow you to log in. Please contact your administrator. I am the only user and the administrator.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Can't open existing database or create a new database

Nickel Contributor m4y
Nickel Contributor

The Vista Hotfix is in the latest version of ACT2007, so it is better than he updates his ACT with the 9.0.1 update if it is not yet the case: How to Download and Apply the Latest Version of ACT! by Sage 2007 (9.0)

Xavier Nyssen

ACT! Certified Consultant @ Intuitis | Belgium
{ +32 64 45 08 00 | xavier@intuitis.be | http://intuitis.be }

m4y wrote:
The Vista Hotfix is in the latest version of ACT2007, so it is better than he updates his ACT with the 9.0.1 update if it is not yet the case: How to Download and Apply the Latest Version of ACT! by Sage 2007 (9.0)
Yup, you're right... the old KB should be updated. It would be good if there was a section to post KB errors. Maybe you can post this error in the ACC news server?
Nickel Contributor m4y
Nickel Contributor

Yes, it is true that some KB article are old and not up-to-date... I know that there are some discussions about the KB evolution. I dream about a wiki-like KB which some ACC could easily update...

Xavier Nyssen

ACT! Certified Consultant @ Intuitis | Belgium
{ +32 64 45 08 00 | xavier@intuitis.be | http://intuitis.be }

I have also heard about a potential wiki-KB... but it would need some good controls to ensure accuracy. I know many ACCs and support people and, as you'd know, not all are equal.

At very least, it would hopefully solve the issue of outdated KB articles like those that still include internal itdomino links (mainly 6.0) that haven't worked for ages, ACT! 2008/2007 issues that can only be found by searching under ACT! 2006 and some issues that don't work for users outside of North America