Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can't open Database -- looking for password, which I never assigned.

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Can't open Database -- looking for password, which I never assigned.

[ Edited ]

I am getting an error message on opening a my database. First, it's asking for a password, which I never assigned. If I leave it blank and click OK, it comes up with a message: Can't be accessed / Check Network Connections / Disable Firewall. I'm using ACT! Pro 2011.

I've tried everything that I can think of (and what I read here): I've reimported various backups, tried opening only the ADF (with deleted PAD), and always the same message -- even with a backed up version that I know was working. I tried to open it (the ADF file) directly from the backup network disk and got a message [DBname] already in use; choose a different name.

Can anyone help, please?

It could be worse, as I have a backup that goes back three and a half months that does open; so at least, Iv'e not lost it all. But I've done an awful lot of work in those months, and would WAY prefer not to have lost it.

Thanks,

Don

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by gmartin (Platinum Super Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: Can't open Database -- looking for password, which I never assigned.

Thank you tons, Mike. Of the various things I worked my way through, about the third thing I tried, the ACT! Diagnostics was able to repair it. And I'm up and running! All data is there! It's a very wonderful thing.

Thanks!

Don

View solution in original post

All Replies
Platinum Elite Contributor

The password is most likely blank... for the error, there are a number of possibilities you'll need to try as per this ACT! Knowledge Base article -

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/19640

Solution
Accepted by gmartin (Platinum Super Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Thank you tons, Mike. Of the various things I worked my way through, about the third thing I tried, the ACT! Diagnostics was able to repair it. And I'm up and running! All data is there! It's a very wonderful thing.

Thanks!

Don