Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can't open Act Program

Can't open Act Program

I have downloaded the ACT 2012 Trial version, when I click on the program it does not open, I am running windows 7, 32 bit with Norton Security Suite, any help is appreciated

David

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Can't open Act Program

Hello David,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

It sounds like Sage ACT! hasn't actually been installed yet, just downloaded (probably extracted).  Here is an article with steps to install when downloading the program: KB Article 24336

Greg Martin
Sage

Yes, it is downloaded icon sitting on my desktop when I double click to open it nothing happens

Platinum Elite Contributor

David,
What is the exact name of that icon on your Desktop? And if you right-click on the icon and go to Properties, what is the filepath or URL you see for this icon?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Sage Act Pro 2013 

"C:\Program Files\ACT\Act for Windows\ActSage.exe"

After you double-click the ACT! icon, open your Windows Task Manager, look under the Processes tab, and see if the "ActSage.exe" process is running. If so, then refer to this Knowledgebase article:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2380...

If the ActSage.exe process is not running in the Task Manager, I would suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the program.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

After I click on the icon and go to the task manager, it does not show there. I have uninstalled the program twice and even downloaded it again and now I get 2 seperate issues when trying to install it.

1 - I get a pop up the states "prereq.exceptions.key doesn't exist exception"

2- Another pop up "security cmdlnapp.exe has stopped working"

Thanks

It sounds like something is interfering with the install.
1. Ensure you are logged into Windows as a local Administrator user
2. Disable Norton before installing

Greig Hollister

I am the administrator and I disabled the norton and I still have the same issue, this is very frustrating is there anyway someone can walk me through this? I really need a good program to roll out to my agents.

Thanks

Are the following in your list of installed programs?
- Sage ACT! (Pro or Premium) 2012
- Microsoft SQL Server R2 (6 apps altogether for this)
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Extended
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile
- Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5

Greig Hollister