Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can't open ACT! Pro 22.1.212

Can't open ACT! Pro 22.1.212

[ Edited ]

Running Windows 10

can't open - error message: "Act! Activation requires a license file that is missing. If you have activated ACT! off line you should have received a QImProductproperties.xml file from support. Please make sure to put this in C:\users\name\documents\act and then restart act!"

I activated it online, not offline. I can't seem to do anything except uninstall and reinstall the program.  The message comes up and when I click OK it closes the program. I upgraded from ACT pro 2011 about 6 months ago and it was fine until today. 

Stage 2:  I copied the license file from the other computer that shares the data put the file in the same place (not where the error message said), and not can't activate or deactivate because of the error: "failed to validate request because the time between the server and client is not synchronized. The difference is 3604 seconds and the maximum allowed is 600 seconds."

Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Can't open ACT! Pro 22.1.212

[ Edited ]

The error message concerning the time difference is correct. Solve the problem with your computer's time setting, delete all files from c:\program data\ACT
and try to activate again.

Andreas Schlesselmann
Melville-Schellmann GbR
Germany
www.melville-schellmann.de
Silver Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

If this happened between Friday and Monday it could mean you have had a wonderful Windows update.

This often cause all sorts of disruption as it can take 2 or more reboots for some windows updates to fully integrate.

Before digging too deep reboot your machine at least twice to make sure any updates from MS have been fully implemented.

[ Edited ]

Thanks to both of you. 

Activation (re-activation) worked this morning - did not do anything else... clock issue went away... not sure why. 

There was some sort of update last week... It let me re-activate today... Will try re-booting if things get weird in the future.