Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can't login to my ACT Database. HELP!!!!

Copper Contributor

Can't login to my ACT Database. HELP!!!!

I am unable to login to my ACT database and i have tried every possible combination I can think of. 

Question:  is the user name AND password case sensitive?

Question:  is there any reason you can think of why I am unable to login? 

Question:  Other than contacting ACT direct and paying the $100 fee do you have any other tips or suggestions?

Copper Contributor

Re: Can't login to my ACT Database. HELP!!!!

I forgot to mention I have reinstalled ACT and trying to do a restore OR launch an ACT database on a different HDD.  A popup message says:

"This database has been updated to work with a more current version of ACT!.  You must update your copy of ACT! in order-to-log-in-to this database.  Do you want to check for updates now?

Wonder if this is causing the problem why I can't login?  Maybe the database has to reside on the same HDD or partition as the ACT program that is being launched?  I have my original database saved as a backup (zip file) as well as saving the entire database under a different name.

appreciate any and all help.  I have not been able to use ACT for 3 months!

Platinum Super Contributor

It appears you had applied updates to the installed ACT! program, which have been removed by the re-install.  You can determine your currently installed version through the Help > About ACT! option (a database does not have to be open to access this information).  Once that is determined, visit the Sage ACT! Download Center for appropriate updates.

Having the ACT! program on the correct update will not resolve an issue of incorrect username/password, but will allow you to test different variations of username/password.

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

I just can't seem to get back in to my database.  I have saved multiple instances of this database over the past year as backups.  I can get to the login screen (user name already populated) but I can't seem to login.  I keep getting the error messages and I am sure of the password.

what can I do?