Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can't log on???

Can't log on???

I can't get into our Act Pro 2013 database this morning. Error message "could not authenticate user"

Nothing has changed on our system since Friday when it was working perfectly?

Sage tell me Swiftpage are the people that support this now, although 0845 5280580 does not connect to anyone.

Any assistance would be welcomed

Thanks - Andy

Nickel Contributor

Re: Can't log on???

Hi Andy,

Can anybody logon to ACT!?Iif yes, get someone who is an administrator to go to Tools -> Manage Users and double check your logon credentials and they could also change your password at the same time.

Thanks for the response - I am the only user

Nickel Contributor

You could use ACTDIAG on the machine with the database. to double check your user name, to do this go to Start -> Run and type in ACTDIAG then click on the OK button, once open go to databases -> Audit  Logs. Select your database from the list then in the event types select SECURITY – PASSWORD CHANGE and see if anything is listed if not try some of the others like MAINTENANCE – DATABASE REINDEX, MAINTENANCE - DATABASE LOCK and so on.

Then make sure you are trying to connect to the correct database with the correct credentials.

Copper Elite Contributor

Andy,

Thanks for letting us know about the number. As you may have read in our blog or on various social sites by now, we're experiencing technical difficulties with our UK telephone network provider. While we work to resolve, you can reach our UK office at +44 (0) 203 356 2483.  We've also posted this message in the announcements area of the community which appears down the right hand side of the screen on almost every page of the community for quick reference. We appreciate your patience as we work through this.

Thanks for the service yesterday, the techincal chap got me up and running although I am still encountering some problems and need to speak to them again.