Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can't locate ACT 2000 administrator password to backup the database

Can't locate ACT 2000 administrator password to backup the database

I have been using ACT! since 2000.  I have customized fields for my work in the financial sector.  I have a DB of over 4000 contacts and I can't find the administrators password that I used 9 years ago when I initially set up the DB.  I just bought a new laptop that is 64 bits and loaded ACT 2009 onto it.  However I can't bring the ACT 2000 database over to the new machine.  I have been copying and pasting the individual files between my office PC, flash drive and my old home PC.  The new Vista 64 bit machine would not let me load my old ACT 2000 software.  Please Help.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Can't locate ACT 2000 administrator password to backup the database

[ Edited ]

You can copy the database to the new machine, but you'll definately need the Admin user/pass to convert it.

You can contact an ACT! Certified Consultant (from www.act.com/acc) to recover the Admin user/pass for you. There will usually be a fee for this.

Message Edited by GLComputing on 01-18-2009 06:59 AM
Message Edited by dlunceford on 01-19-2009 09:22 AM

Re: Can't locate ACT 2000 administrator password to backup the database

Elcomsoft.com has a utility for $79 (US) that recovers both user and administrator passwords. I have used it and it works. Here's the link: http://www.elcomsoft.com/asapr.html