Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can't install Act! v21.1 Update 1 from /www.act.com/resources/downloads/act!-pro-v21-downloads

Can't install Act! v21.1 Update 1 from /www.act.com/resources/downloads/act!-pro-v21-downloads

I am running Act! Pro Version 21.0.295.0, Update 7 on a Windows 10 laptop. Single user. Nothing networked.

When I tried to install the May 2 update today "Act! v21.1 Update 1" I received the error msg: This update does not apply to this version of ACT. Please verify you have the correct update.

Is this valid?

I see all the previous update names are "Act! v21.0 Update X"

Tx Linda

Silver Contributor

Re: Can't install Act! v21.1 Update 1 from /www.act.com/resources/downloads/act!-pro-v21-downloads

Its a mess of Swiftpages doing.

They released SP1 for ACT 21 and then withdrew it. Then released ACT update 1 for 21.1 which is still listed but only will update where SP1 has been installed. I asked for clarity on what is going on but no one from Swiftpage has responded.

Communication is golden in situations like this so please Swiftpage have the curtesy of informing us so we can advise your clients. 

Copper Contributor

Re: Can't install Act! v21.1 Update 1 from /www.act.com/resources/downloads/act!-pro-v21-downloads

I am in the same boat with the same error msg, I just did all my updates to 21 update 7 but it refuses to install 21.1 update 1.

The link comes up from the sync tool to download the whole install again, 1.8 gigs, which I tried but it errors out saying Act is already installed.

I hate having to support this stupid CRM, everytime I have to update it is headaches.
Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

The full windows client download from act.com/download fixes the issue and gets you to 21.1 update 2.

I can now sync again.

Silver Contributor

Although doing a full installation of ACT V21.1 will resolve the situation the complete absence of any official announcement from Swiftpage and the uninstallable V21.1 Update 1  still being available is simply unacceptable after 4 weeks !!!!!!

This just is not good enough, I am a big supporter of the ACT product but this neglect of the customer base only harms the reputation of ACT and Swiftpage.