Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can't get the Internet Mail to work on ACT! 2010 Standard version...

Can't get the Internet Mail to work on ACT! 2010 Standard version...

I've been trying to set up my hotmail account on ACT! 2010 standard version (trial) for days and I just couldn't get the incoming server to work. The SMTP server (smtp.live.com) worked fine when I tested the connection, but with incoming mail server (pop3.live.com), it just failed everytime with error message of "can't find incoming server". Do I still have to have Outlook in order to get ACT! 2010 to work with my hotmail account? Does anyone know what I can do to solve this problem? If I can't solve this I don't think I can convince my boss to buy this software... =(

Help!!

Thanks!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Can't get the Internet Mail to work on ACT! 2010 Standard version...

Hello varies123,

Unfortunately, you are not going to be able to get ACT! Email to connect to your Hotmail account, as Hotmail uses an encrypted port for POP3 (incoming). ACT! Email can only work with the default SMTP (outgoing) port 25 and the default POP3 (incoming) port 110. If you have Outlook (or Outlook Express if using Windows XP), then you can set it up to connect to your Hotmail account and then have ACT! connect to Outlook.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.