Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can't get rid of a 'red error indicator' dialog box in ACT - can't exit ACT or do anything

Copper Contributor

Can't get rid of a 'red error indicator' dialog box in ACT - can't exit ACT or do anything

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help me, please?

I can't seem to get rid of a dialog box in ACT. So I can't exit ACT or do anything, am just stuck. I was working on the 'Notes' tab at the time it appeared.

This dialog box says:

'One or more errors have been detected. Place your mouse on the red error indicator(s) to display the error message(s).'

However, there is no red indicator. I've seen a red exclamation mark in previous incidents, but on this ocacsion there is no red error indicator.

I've attached a graphic of the dialog box.

dialog-box-error-allie-11-5-2015.jpg

The version of ACT I'm using is 16.1.207.0, and it's running on Windows Vista.

Hope somebody can help.

Regards,
Grant.

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Can't get rid of a 'red error indicator' dialog box in ACT - can't exit ACT or do anything

Grant - Perhaps the mandatory field is on one of the tabs or is on a tab that your current Layout isn't showing.

HTH

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org 
Copper Contributor

Re: Can't get rid of a 'red error indicator' dialog box in ACT - can't exit ACT or do anything

Hi David,

Thanks for your reply.

Oh, my explanation was a bit rubbish!

But you were kind of in the right area nonetheless.

It was a character count on a field with various options from a check list in a drop-down menu. It just shows how small things can cause problems for folk.

Is all fixed now.

Thanks, again for the suggestion.

Best regards,
Grant.