Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can't get reports to file properly

Can't get reports to file properly

Every time I try to run a report for notes and history act won't bring up all the notes from every contact I have written notes in. Can anyone help?

Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Can't get reports to file properly

Check the thread Can't get reports to run properly.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
Techbenders
royel@techbenders.com

Can you help with a problem of mine?

Every time I try to run a report I get this message (Object reference not set to an instance of an object)

Can you tell me what this means and how to fix it so I can run reports please. Thanks   

Nickel Elite Contributor

"Object reference not set to an instance of an object" is basically an error meaning "You told me to do something with this thing, but the thing you told me to do it with is a non-thing.  There's nothing here to work with."   It's the generic .NET error message, and it can be very hard to diagnose. For reports, that generally means a corrupted report template.
Roy Laudenslager
Techbenders
royel@techbenders.com

What would you recommend?
Nickel Elite Contributor

You can try to find the problem in the template. If you modified one of the default templates, there are likely unused scripts that ate causing the problem. The other option would be to rebuilt the template from scratch and not start with one of the default reports.
Roy Laudenslager
Techbenders
royel@techbenders.com

I do not think I made any changes to any template, but if I did can I bring the orgininal template back? I have now idea what to look for when editing templates.

So I just tried it again and I got trough three pages of reports, then on the fourth page it came up wiht the same message.

Nickel Elite Contributor

That sounds like database corruption, most likely a note, history, or activity, depending on the report you are running.
Roy Laudenslager
Techbenders
royel@techbenders.com

Just your normal Report in notes/history. I am running a Check and repair Database right now think  that will help? if not what the next step? Thanks alot for helping I have to get these rports up and running ASAP.