Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can't get company address to connect or display with contacts area of connected individuals

Can't get company address to connect or display with contacts area of connected individuals

I am having a problem...

I put the ADDRESS in the COMPANY section.  Then I link CONTACTS to the COMPANY.

I cannot get the company address to populate in the contacts section.  Likewise I am unable to get the company address to be associated with the contacts.

This is a pain in the rear.

It doesn't make sense that I need to put the address of the company in to each contact individually.  There should be a way that when I do an excel export (for a mail merge), that I can get the company address to display with the individual contacts.

How do I do this?

Please help...this is holding me back significantly in what I need to do!

Thanks

SGR

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Can't get company address to connect or display with contacts area of connected individuals

If you modify the company information, it should ask you if you want to apply the changes to your linked records. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to update when you first add the company link.

Mark Rogers
Act! v16 HF5, Office 365 SBP

Re: Can't get company address to connect or display with contacts area of connected individuals

Thanks for that info.

I will give it a try.

Seems like this is a really common thing that ACT should do.

Not to have this is really, not a shortcoming of the product, but a fatal error.

Frankly, if I had know that this didn't do this...I probably would not have purchased the product.

My suggestion is to SAGE is to get this in the system ASAP.  Failure to do so is a failure of their product.

Sheeh.

Thank YOU for your help.  I hope this works!

Copper Elite Contributor

I think you can also update client records using the Companies|Update Linked Contacts menu item (from the Companies screen).

Mark Rogers
Act! v16 HF5, Office 365 SBP