Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can't find the ACT! Documents Tab Add in for Excel

Can't find the ACT! Documents Tab Add in for Excel

Version: ACT! Pro 2013

Microsoft Office 2010 (64 bit)

Private database

Operating system: Windows 8.1 (64bit)

I am trying to make a template of our invoices so I can map customer invoices through Excel, and I need to install the ACT! Documents Tab Add in - but I can't find it.

In Excel I go to File - Options - Add ins - Manage COM Add ins - Add....and then I can't find the Add in.

The other COM add in I have (Avery) is in an AppData/Roaming folder...I have looked through every ACT folder I have, and APP folder, I have done searches of my drive and still can't find it.

Any ideas? Thank you. 

Re: Can't find the ACT! Documents Tab Add in for Excel

[ Edited ]

The reason that you are unable to enable the add-ins for Act! in your version of Excel is because Act! add-ins are 32-bit and your version of Office is a 64-bit version. 32-bit Add-ins are not compatible with 64-bit versions of Outlook. For more information on compatible versions of Office and Act!, refer to the following knowledgebase article:

http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29499

If you wish to integrate Act! with Microsoft Office, you would need to uninstall the 64-bit version and install the 32-bit version. In most cases, having the 64-bit version of Office installed isn't necessary. If you look in the Related Information section of the article linked above, there's a link to a Microsoft document that explains a little more in detail the differences and reasons you'd need to install 64-bit versions of Office versus the 32-bit versions.

If you did decide to go the route of uninstalling and reinstalling Office as the 32-bit version, you would need to make sure that you uninstall and reinstall Act! after Office has already been uninstalled and reinstalled. Once that occurs, the Add-in should work. 

Elise O'Pry
Swiftpage
Visit our knowledgebase at http://kb.act.com

Re: Can't find the ACT! Documents Tab Add in for Excel

I had a feeling the fix would be someting along those lines.

Thank you!