Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can't edit Products/Services in old opportunities

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Can't edit Products/Services in old opportunities

Hi,

I have two opportunities created in my ACT! 2010 database, both were closed (Closed - Won status) a week ago, and with the relevant Products/Services listed for each one.  However, when I go to back to those Opportunities now, I cannot edit any of the listed Products/Services, add new Products/Services, or Customise the Columns for Products/Services.  Basically, the Products/Services cannot be edited in any way.  I'm not sure why this is the case, the only thing I can think of is that I created the Opportunities before I installed SP1 and since then I have installed SP1 for ACT!

Any help regarding this matter would be much appreciated.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author JammyJay
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Can't edit Products/Services in old opportunities

Since the Opportunity was set to 'Closed', editing on the Products/Services tab is disabled.  Assumption being that you wouldn't want to change any of the data since it has been closed.  If you want to edit the data, you will need to set the Opportunity to 'Open' status (save the change) and the edit capability will be restored to the tab. 

Greg Martin
Sage

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author JammyJay
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Since the Opportunity was set to 'Closed', editing on the Products/Services tab is disabled.  Assumption being that you wouldn't want to change any of the data since it has been closed.  If you want to edit the data, you will need to set the Opportunity to 'Open' status (save the change) and the edit capability will be restored to the tab. 

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

I did set it to 'Open' but didn't save... thanks for the help Smiley Happy