Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can't disable Outlook Integration

Can't disable Outlook Integration

Hi,

Outlook is running slow for some reason at the moment, so I thought I would disable the link between Outlook and ACT!2008.

Not so easy, I've de-selected the email integration in ACT! and also disabled the Add In in Outlook, but the ACT! icons etc in Outlook are still there.

How do I completely remove the connection with ACT! from Outlook?

Regards,

Charles
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Can't disable Outlook Integration

Have you followed this ACT! Knowledge Base article - http://tinyurl.com/2ee4o5

Have you removed the ACT! address book from Outlook?

Hi Mike,

Yes, I've done all that.

Regards,

Charles

I'd check all the items once more, do a Detect and Repair in Outlook and reboot....

Is there still an ACT! tab in Outlook - Tools | Options?

Hi Mike,

I just carried on using it, however found that emails did not attach to contacts UNLESS they were written using a template.

Then I noticed that when I clicked on "Add email to ACT! Contact" in Outlook, 2 "Joe Bloggs" contact were found, slightly different Companies. These were incorrect entries in ACT! and one had been deleted in ACT! some time ago, yet they were showing in the Address Book drop down in Outlook. So does the ACT! address book update when contacts are added or deleted?

Anyway I removed the ACT! Add-In and Address book again and surprise, surprise, this time the ACT! Integration dissapeared in Outlook.

I've just done a detect and repair in Outlook and I'm now going to re-boot and set up the email again.

I'll post how I get on.

Regards,

Charles Turner

Hi Mike,

Still hopeless!!! Set the email up again. The email WILL ONLY attach if I write the email using a template.

If I just write the email it won't attach. If I go to Outlook and "attach to ACT! Contact" that won't work either.

Regards,

Charles Turner

Mike,

Just dowloaded the update and installed 10.0.1.199

Interestingly enough when I run the new version the emails that I sent a couple of hours ago are now attached to the contacts under the History!!!!

All seems to be working OK.

Regards

Charles

Thought it too good to be true. Turned everything on this morning and the emails aren't attaching, oh well!!!

Charles2008 wrote:
Thought it too good to be true. Turned everything on this morning and the emails aren't attaching, oh well!!!

Have you re-added the ACT! database as an address book to Outlook?

Still pretty hopeless.

I looked and sure enough the ACT Address book had disappeared from Outlook. Added it and re-booted. Still dosen't work!!!

Regards,

Charles