Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can't create new database

Can't create new database

This is my 54th time trying to resolve my issue and no one has got back to me. I have downloaded act 2012 and have registered it, when I click on open new database I fill in the informatoin and it gives me a pop up to contact my administrator, I am the administrator, running windows 7 32 bit help is needed otherwise I will need a refund. 

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Can't create new database

Can you confirm the exact build of ACT! from Help | About ... I had a look at your other post and sometimes you refer to ACT! 2012 and sometimes to ACT! 2013 ...

Also, please post the exact error messqage

I started with 2013 trial had issues bought 2012 Pro the Build is Sage ACT! Pro 2012 Version 14.1.108.0

At different times I can get one of two different errors, the first is "Act encountered an error occured while performing your request, please contact your administrator for assistance"  (I am the administrator and I even tried to "run as administrator" that did not work) the second error I sometimes get is "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" I received this when I went to mt services and under Act restarted it.

Thanks

SQL Browser Service

Hi

Looks like we have the same issue here! I have just recently bought Act!2013 and have not been able to connect to the demo database or create a new one, I also see the same messages and have contacted support to no avail.

It is a bit frustrating 4 days in and the issue has not been resolved!

CAN ANY BODY HELP HERE?

I have narrowed it down to the SQL Express services not running correctly but to be honest not sure what is going on apart from I cannot use my Product. I am to Using Win 7 Pro 32 bit! I am a new customer and this is the first time I have tried to use Sage Act!

Silver Super Contributor

Re: SQL Browser Service

That's usually a firewall issue.  Turn off your firewall and see if that fixes it.  If it does you'll need to exempt the SQL Browser from the firewall.  If you are talking to a database on another system that firewall may be the problem as well.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!

Me too. Just downoaded the 2013 Pro demo. Installed on XP Pro SP3

On trying to create new database get the same message

"Act encountered an error occured while performing your request, please contact your administrator for assistance"

Tried disabling firewall, same message.

Suggestions??

Nickel Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

I often start out with this to resolve ACT! probs;

Make sure you are running most current version/hot fixes of your Sage ACT!.. 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013...

Close ACT!

Start / Run ACTDIAG

List your Databases and select desired database(databases / list databases

Using the Buttons to left of db name, rite mouse click and select the REBUILD Options(normally I do not rebuild/delete accounting links option), just the options that read; Rebuild..

Close ACTDIAG and restart Sage ACT!.

This knowledgebase search results may also help you.

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/list/p/6512#s=eyJzZiI6eyIxNzYiOnsiZmlsdGVycyI6eyJub190c... 

Let me know if that fails. Cheers - FSB

Bill Williams - Owner/Consultant/Trainer at Fill Staff "ACT! FOR RECRUITERS"
Manage Your ACT! Backups http://fillstaff.com/backupfolderspro.html - FREE
BIG ACT! LAYOUTS for Larger Monitors www.bigactlayouts.com
Protect your Files & Folders with Folder Lock Pro by New Software http://download.cnet.com/Folder-Lock/3000-2092_4-10063343.html

Was the latest Pro demo so files up to date.

Had to do a complete uninstall of Act and SQL, followed by a reinstall and now works.

Think was SQL Server not installing correctly the first time round that casued the problem.