Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can't create a group

Can't create a group

I'm using Act 2008, version 10 with XP.  Whenever I open the groups menu to create a new group the the screen that allows you to enter the name of a group doesn't open.  I've downnloaded and installed the updates.  When I try to close groups my program then locks up.  Anyone else have this problem and have you found a solution?  Thanks.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Can't create a group

- What operating system are you using?

- Does the same thing happen with the Demo database (ACT10Demo)?

- If you are in a multi-user environment with a shared database, so other users have this issue as well?

If you haven't already done so, you should run maintenance on your database by going to Tools/Database Maintenance/Check and Repair

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Can't create a group

There is no 'screen' to add a new group when you select 'New Group' from the menu.  Act! just instantly creates the new group record within the group screen and places the insertion point in the 'Group' field...

If you mean that when you are on a screen other than groups and you try to create a new group, as a workaround, perhaps try switching to the group screen first and then selecting Create new group...