Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can't create Remote Database

Tuned Listener

Can't create Remote Database

Trying to create a remote database in ACT 2009.  It gets almost all the way thru the process then says it can not create remote database because it can not create objects.  Help Please!!!

Re: Can't create Remote Database

Run the following repairs in order from actdiag on the main and remote database.  Once done, attempt to sync again. 

- Repair Database

- Rebuild Sync Objects

- Reindex Database

Database Rebuild and Repair Procedures

Tuned Listener

I did as you suggested.  Several times!  I then created a new database and tried that one as well.  In all cases, I get the error message: Failed to create remote database "database name here"  Error creating objects.  Please contact the administrator for more help.  Would you like to create another remote database?

Are you able to create a remote from a different database?  You can test using the demo or new database.
Tuned Listener

No.  I tried using the demo database as wel as a newly created database.  Same error.  I then thought I might need to uninstall the program then re-install it but it wouldn't uninstall the program either!  I forget the specific error but it was something about not being able to initiate a certain ACT program to do the uninstall.  Do you think this is ACT specific, or is there some other program or settings that I should be looking at? 

Probably specific to ACT!.

Try uninstalling ACT! using the ACT! Uninstaller from the knowledgebase article below.

How to Use the ACT! Uninstaller.exe file

Tuned Listener

In moving some files out of the default folders in preparation of uninstalling the program, I found some files with ActObjectCreationResults in their name.  The text of the file was:

HResult 0x15, Level 16, State 1
Encryption not supported on the client.
Sqlcmd: Error: Microsoft SQL Native Client : Client unable to establish connection.
Sqlcmd: Error: Microsoft SQL Native Client : An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections.

Before I delete the program.......could this be the problem, and if so, how do I correct?  

Thanks for your help so far, I really apreciate it.

Its having trouble with SQL.  Ensure that the Named Pipes and TCP/IP Protocols are enabled. Use the following Steps:

1. Click the Windows Start button, point to All Programs (or Programs), point to Microsoft SQL Server 2005, point to Configuration Tools, and then click the SQL Server Configuration Manager option. The SQL Server Configuration Manager dialog box appears.

2. Expand the SQL Server 2005 Network Configuration entry in the left panel, and then click the Protocols for ACT7.
  3. Locate the Named Pipes entry from the Protocols Name column in the right-pane. If the Status column does not display Enabled, right-click the entry, and then click Enable from the shortcut menu.
  4. Locate the TCP/IP entry from the Protocols Name column in the right-pane. If the Status column does not display Enabled, right-click the entry, and then click Enable from the shortcut menu, otherwise close the SQL Server Configuration Manager dialog box.

Tuned Listener

Mine was set that way already.  There is also another line for: Protocols for ITSQLEXPRESS right above the ACT7 line.  It has Named Pipes and TCP/IP Disabled.  When I did a search of ITSQLEXPRESS, I got back results that implied that it is related to or invilved in malware.  Could this be part of the problem?  Or should I enable the disabled components of ITSQLEXPRESS?

Looks like you have another program that uses SQL as well.  It shouldn't affect ACT!.