Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can't check for ACT! updates

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Can't check for ACT! updates

A pop-up window appears that alerts me that a new update is available.  When I follow the instructions and click for the detailed description, the following error message appears:

The thing is that the user account I'm logged in under IS a windows administrator. 

What can I do?

Julie

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author jmcarignan
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Can't check for ACT! updates

Hello Julie,
This is most likely due to User Account Control in Windows (if using Windows Vista or Windows 7). To bypass, close ACT!, then reopen it by right-clicking on the ACT! program icon and selecting "Run As Administrator".

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Loyal Listener

i have the same problem I can not update my act too

Solution
Accepted by topic author jmcarignan
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello Julie,
This is most likely due to User Account Control in Windows (if using Windows Vista or Windows 7). To bypass, close ACT!, then reopen it by right-clicking on the ACT! program icon and selecting "Run As Administrator".

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Loyal Listener

Hello,

I saw what u send Julie however when I right click on Act icon on taskbar it will NOT show "run as administrator"" HOW COME???

Hi Loyal Listener,

I could do it by clicking on the Start button (Windows 7) and finding ACT! in the programs list that appears and right-clicking on it there.  Hope that works for you too.  It did solve the problem for me.

Julie

Hi Greig,

That worked, thank you!

Julie

Loyal Listener

thank  you it works for me too