Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can't change layout...ACT locks up... weird error message?

Can't change layout...ACT locks up... weird error message?

I was trying to add a field to my layout I can't it locks up ACT and I get odd error message. (see attached)

HELP!!

Employee

Re: Can't change layout...ACT locks up... weird error message?

Hello,

Best match I could find is:
28141 Error: "Cannot insert duplicate key row in object 'sys.syscommittab' with unique index 'si_xdes_id'... error 2601" when attempting to back up, copy, repair, create a remote, or synchronize an Act! database
http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/28141/kw/duplicate%20key

Thanks,

Carl

Act! Support
Growth made easy.
CRM built for small business success.

Silver Contributor

This can be caused by a problem with SQL and running a repair under ACTDIAG should resolve but can also be caused if the field you created is a system reserved field name. ACT should not allow you to create a duplicate field but I have seen where this has happened. Rename the field you created or delete it for now and see if the problem goes away.

You're right I am having that problem. I created a field and ACT won't let me put the field on the screen AND has reserved that name so I can't reuse it.

I don't know about ACTDIAG??? I Called it up but don't know how to use it. Will it fix this problem with SQL?

Thanks!

Nickel Super Contributor

use the SQL_Express_BackupFix.bat file from the bottom of  http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/28141

and run it on the machine that is hosting the database. You need to right mouse click the bat file and run as administrator to get it to work correctly. 

Before running the file make sure you have backed up the database first.

Highlighted
Silver Contributor

The SQL fix is for early versions of SQL so may not work on SQL 2014 but don't know what version of ACT and SQL you are on.

You may also find the backup option does not work with the current problem.

If this does not fix let us know the name of the field you created that is causing the problem.