Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can't change contact info to change record manager

Accepted Solution Solved
Tuned Listener
Accepted Solution

Can't change contact info to change record manager

Hey everybody...cool forum...I'm glad it's here!!

Day 1 actually trying to use ACT! I have version 11.1.183.0 on a Vista 64 machine.

We have 4 users and 2 are setup as ADMIN's.  Of the 7000+ records every single one has the other Admin as the record Creator and the Record manager drop down menu is lightened and can't be changed.

The help file for this version seems old as the directions for changing the record manager weren't under "contact info" they were supposed to be under "contact access" tab which I can't find anywhere.  It seems like we are all setup as users so I don't understand why the list is blank.

What got me onto this is that I can't change  "last reached" "last attempt" etc...I assume because I'm not the record manager...even though I'm an admin.

HELP PLS!!  Thanks Smiley Happy

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author CopperBeau
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Can't change contact info to change record manager

Not sure how helpful this info is but;

You can create new additional fields(Tools/Define Fields) such as;  Last Contacted Date, Next Contact Date, etc.

Place them on your layout(Tools/Design Layouts/Contact) and update them manually each time you contact that person.

Then it is easy to rihgt mouse click and search those fields to easily create your daily call list.

Cheers - FSB

Bill Williams - Owner/Consultant/Trainer at Fill Staff "ACT! FOR RECRUITERS"
Manage Your ACT! Backups http://fillstaff.com/backupfolderspro.html - FREE
BIG ACT! LAYOUTS for Larger Monitors www.bigactlayouts.com
Protect your Files & Folders with Folder Lock Pro by New Software http://download.cnet.com/Folder-Lock/3000-2092_4-10063343.html

View solution in original post

All Replies
Copper Super Contributor

Last reached and last attempt are programmed fields and can't be changed manually.
Brad Marquardt
realtimeACT, Inc
Colorado, USA
Tuned Listener

OK, so what updates those fields...when do they change, what changes them?

And if that's the case where should I put those dates?  Do I need to use the Layout Designer and add those fields again but instead of drop down boxes...have notes?

Copper Super Contributor

Those fields are updated when the relevant history is recorded. I would focus your design on the history tab rather than the "Last" fields or creating new note fields. 
Brad Marquardt
realtimeACT, Inc
Colorado, USA
Tuned Listener

the hint about the history helped me find what I was looking for.  

So...what I was looking for was:

1) Ctrl+H to open History

2) Make sure "Call" is selected under "Type" if you wish to change "Last Reach" date or "Last Attempt" date.

3) If you wish to change "Last Meeting" Make sure "meeting" is selected under "Type" in the Record Historybox

Following these steps will update the fields in the Contact Detail.

Now regarding changing the record manager I still don't know why some are greyed out and others are not.

Copper Super Contributor

I'm guessing since your an administrator of the database that the records where the record manager are greyed out are records for users of the system, this cannot be changed. You should be able to change the record manager for other public records.
Brad Marquardt
realtimeACT, Inc
Colorado, USA
Tuned Listener

Yes it is looking that way now.  Strange thing is when I first opened the database it greyed out everybody and then after I re-started the program I had the ability to change it again.

I have an unrelated additional question...I'll start a new thread.  Thanks for your help...lookout for the new thread in a second. 

Solution
Accepted by topic author CopperBeau
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Nickel Elite Contributor

Not sure how helpful this info is but;

You can create new additional fields(Tools/Define Fields) such as;  Last Contacted Date, Next Contact Date, etc.

Place them on your layout(Tools/Design Layouts/Contact) and update them manually each time you contact that person.

Then it is easy to rihgt mouse click and search those fields to easily create your daily call list.

Cheers - FSB

Protect your Files & Folders with Folder Lock Pro by New Software http://download.cnet.com/Folder-Lock/3000-2092_4-10063343.html
Tuned Listener

Wholly Moley!  That is WAY better...thanks Bill Smiley Wink
Nickel Elite Contributor

Welcome.

Using that method along with the ACT! Scheduler can help you minimize time spent on the MANAGING of the Scheduled Activities.

The ACT! Activities Reports are also handy.  Cheers - FSB