Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can't attach to contacts -- thought Hotfix 3 would fix this but it is an ongoing problem

Can't attach to contacts -- thought Hotfix 3 would fix this but it is an ongoing problem

Hi,

I'm running ACT! 2011 on WinXP using an Internet Email option within ACT!. Previously, our buttons to attach to anything but sender or to add attachments to emails were greyed out and non-functional. I ran hotfix 3, and now these buttons are active. However, we are only able to attach email messages to companies, groups, and sender. When we click "Attach to Contact" a dialog box listing our contacts never comes up. Instead, nothing happens. This is a huge problem for us and we need to know when it will be fixed or if there is something we can do now (besides dragging and dropping) to correct the problem. Thanks.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Can't attach to contacts -- thought Hotfix 3 would fix this but it is an ongoing problem

Hello akade,
Unfortunately, this issue was not included in Hot Fix 3. It is still under investigation and we will provide an update when more information becomes available. For now, drag and drop is the only known workaround.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Re: Can't attach to contacts -- thought Hotfix 3 would fix this but it is an ongoing problem

Drag and drop doesn't work right -- gives it the time it was dragged and dropped, not the time that it actually happened.

What is a time estimate for resolution of this issue?
Platinum Elite Contributor

I'm sorry, I don't have a timeframe for a fix on this. When that information is available, I will post it in this forum.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

Just installed ACT2011 with Hotfix 4 - problem is still there.

Copper Contributor

Act Premium 2011 - SP1 Hotfix 5 resolves this problem.