Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can't assign calls to other users

Can't assign calls to other users

Hi,

The company I support are having an issue at the moment, we have set up a new member of staff who can log on and work happily but we are unable to assign calls to him.

He can assign calls to us but when we try to do it the other way we get the following error message:

Item has already been added key in dictionary: "Gavin Scott" Key being added "Gavin Scott"

We have spoken to ACT and they have told us our database is corrupt and we need to export it out and reset it up again but this does not seem right to me.

Has anyone got any other ideas?

Thanks

alamb200

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Can't assign calls to other users

The error "Item has already been added key in dictionary" usually means there is some bador duplicated data

I would try creating a new user, "Gav Scott".

Then delete "Gavin Scott" and assign all the items he manages to the new user

Then rename "Gav" to "Gavin"

Run Check and Repair in ACT! and run the ACTDIAG repair functions.

Then see how you go

Make sure you backup first

Let us know if it works

Hi

Thanks for your reply and sorry about the slow response, I have been off for a week.

It turned out that removing the user who couldn't assign the tasks and re-adding him cleared the problem so thank you for your help with this.

alamb200

Hi again,

I have since found out that it was just what you suggested, but this has led to another problem the user Gavin was using a offline database and syncing over a PPTP VPN since they recreated the user this does not work anymore.

Is there an easy fix for this or do I have to go through the whole set up again?

Thanks

Alamb200

You'll need to cut a new remote for his new username.

If he has added data to his copy, you'll need to bring it in and merge it first.

I have just spoken to the customer and when they sorted out their last problem, they deleted Gavins admin user rather then the normal user would this still have the same effect?

Thanks

Alamb200

Depends on how the sync was setup... when changing users like this, probably better to cut a new remote anyway