Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can't add products to opportunities

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Can't add products to opportunities

Hi

I have just upgraded from ACT 2009 to 2012.  I run an art school and put students (contacts) on a waiting list by making a new opportunity and then adding the particular class as a product.  So I already have my product list.  For some reason adding a product to the opportunity is not working in the 2012 edition. 

Any hints would be helpful.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by JonTaylor (Administrator)
‎10-20-2017 03:21 AM
Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Can't add products to opportunities

I would now try forcing ACT to rebuild the schema as per Jon's link below from his answer.

Unfortunately then, it sounds like we'll need to run a Schema Update repair like @ch1p recommended.

You'll find all the steps in the KB article below:

KB 38560 - How to manually run the database schema update script in Act!

Before doing this, please ensure you have an up to date backup of your database.

If this does not work Swiftpge do have a database repair service but it does cost.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Platinum Super Contributor

Hello Kartist,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

A couple of things to try:

- Reset the fields listed in the Products/Services tab, then attempt to add a product.  To reset: at the far right side and on the same line as 'Add' and 'Delete', click on 'Options' > select 'Customize Columns' > select 'Reset' > click OK.  Try to add a product.

- If still unable to add a product, try accessing the Demo database and test the function.  In case you need it, the username for the demo is 'Chris Huffman' and there is no password.

Greg Martin
Sage

Thanks Greg

I discovered what the problem was through reseting and looking at the demo system.  It all hinged on the fact that I was not putting in a quantity.  I notice that the quantity defaults to 1 in the demo system so I will look through and work out how to do the default.

I appreciate your time and help.

Regards

Kartist

www.karenfrankelart.com

hello there.

i have the same problem that suddenly occured yesterday on Act! Premium Version 18.2.53.0, Update 6. I have been working fine for months and suddenly this happens. I have tried the following but with no luck

• Database maintenance - check and repair. Didn't do any thing
  • Reset the product list and view.
  • I logged on to the demo database and it seems to be working fine but when I get back to my database its still not working!

Please help!!

Administrator

Hi there coolwelo,

What exactly happens when this fails to add?

Is it that you're filling in the product details, but after clicking OK nothing appears on the opportunity?

JonTaylor wrote:
Hi there coolwelo,

What exactly happens when this fails to add?

Is it that you're filling in the product details, but after clicking OK nothing appears on the opportunity?

Hey jon

Yes exactly that what happens. Moreover, if i try duplicating the opportunity i get the message below:

"object reference not set to an instance of an object"

Also, if I try adding contact or company to the opportunity i get the message below:

"

The INSERT statement conflicted with the FOREIGN KEY constraint "CONTACT_OPPORTUNITY_OPPORTUNITYID_FK". The conflict occurred in database "DATABASENAME", table "dbo.TBL_OPPORTUNITY", column 'OPPORTUNITYID'. The statement has been terminated. "

Administrator

There are a few different reasons for that particular error message.

Sometimes this will occur if there are Opportunity Processes that have 0 Stages listed under them, this can occur for a variety of reasons - ranging from customisation to database corruption.

I'd recommend going into Define Fields and selecting Manage Processes, ensure that there is at least 1 Process, and that every Process has at least one stage.

If this doesn't help we'll need to look at repairing the database more thoroughly as it sounds like some of the field constraints have ended up damaged.

Bronze Elite Contributor

This looks like a corrupt Schema but you could try repairing using ACTDIAG.

I have found that just opening ACTDIAG is often not effective and recommend browsing to it in Programs and then right clicking and running as administrator

Link to repairs etc

http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/19642/related/1/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNTA4NDA2NDk0L3NpZC...

If this doe not fix it you may need to do a forced schema repair and I will let one of the others link to that as my link is not working

Can someone add a link on how to change version number so ACT rebuilds the schema please.

JonTaylor wrote:

There are a few different reasons for that particular error message.

Sometimes this will occur if there are Opportunity Processes that have 0 Stages listed under them, this can occur for a variety of reasons - ranging from customisation to database corruption.

I'd recommend going into Define Fields and selecting Manage Processes, ensure that there is at least 1 Process, and that every Process has at least one stage.

If this doesn't help we'll need to look at repairing the database more thoroughly as it sounds like some of the field constraints have ended up damaged.

Dear Jon

I already have two processes, one of them is Act's default sales cycle and the other is mine. Both have 6 stages. Still this doesn't solve anything!

Administrator

Unfortunately then, it sounds like we'll need to run a Schema Update repair like @ch1p recommended.

You'll find all the steps in the KB article below:

KB 38560 - How to manually run the database schema update script in Act!

Before doing this, please ensure you have an up to date backup of your database.