Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can't add or delete fields

Copper Super Contributor

Can't add or delete fields

Sage ACT! Pro 2011

Upgraded from 2009 but has been using ACT! since 6.0.

Single user

New computer with Windows 7 Ultimate

Was having same problem on old computer.  Old computer had been dropped and taken to Best Buy for repair.  Need I say more?  Couldn't get ACT! 2009 installed very easily on the old computer and 2011 not at all.

Customer had changed several system fields (Contact to Name, Address 1 to Location, State to RTW Consult, etc.) and then created new address fields named Address 1, etc.  I was able to change all those back to the original and move the data to user fields.

However, I can't add or delete fields.  Additionally, I tried using Topline Dash and got the same error message. 

Getting same error message from three different sources - Topline Dash, one from trying to add/delete field and one from actdiag trying to Rebuild OLEDB V2 Report Objects.

First part of the error message says -

PRC_REPORT__MAKE_OLEDBFUNCTIONS:ERROR OCCURRED TRYING TO CREATE/ALTER BASE FUNCTION FNR_CONTACT

PRC_REPORT_MAKE_OLEDBFUNCTIONS:ERROR OCCURRED TRYING TO REMOVE FUNCTION METADATA FOR FNR_CONTACT

PRC_REPORT_MAKE_OLEDBFUNCTIONS:ERROR OCCURRED EXECUTING STATEMENT IF (SELECT OBJECT ID("dbo.FNR.GROUPQUERY,'ALTER") ELSE INSERT INTO #CREATETYPE VALUES ("dbo.FRN_GROUPQUERY', CREATE")

and more

Both had - The current transaction cannot be committed and cannot support operations that write to the log file.  Roll back the transaction.

Couldn't find anything on the Knowledgebase.

Thanks!

Leanne Evans
sosoftsol@gmail.com
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Can't add or delete fields

While your issue seems to be database specific, have you tried updating the ACT! Demo database or creating a new database and testing? This will verify if it is a database or installation issue.

Within your database, have tried running Tools > Database Maintenance > Check and Repair?
Greg Martin
Sage