Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can't add new contacts - get error Value Cannot be Null Parameter name: criteria

Can't add new contacts - get error Value Cannot be Null Parameter name: criteria

I use MS Office 2003 Outlook and Act 2008 (10.0.3).  I can't add a contact in ACT.  When I try, I get the error msg above.  I also have to open and close ACT repeatedly through the day - when I try to email from ACT...plus, if I email directly out of Outlook, the email doesn't attach to the ACT contact, even if I manually click to do so. 

Any advise? 

If I were to uninstall ACT, can I just download the update again and reinstall it?  Any help is appreciated.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Can't add new contacts - get error Value Cannot be Null Parameter name: criteria

The error in your subject line may be due to a required field in your database that is not getting populated.  When you get the error, check your contact detail and check the fields under your tabs and see if there is a red exclamation point next to a field, indicating the field requires data.

As for the Outlook issue, another community member had a similar issue and was able to resolve by removing and re-adding ACT! address book in Outlook.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Re: Can't add new contacts - get error Value Cannot be Null Parameter name: criteria

Same thing just happened to me today for the frist time since I've been using ACT! (15 years).  I can't figure out what's wrong.  I've checked all the tabs (Notes - Home Address) and don't see any red alerts of missing data.

Note - today for the first time I changed a field name in the Opportunities User Fields area.  Could this be causing the problem?

Any other suggestions of possible causes?

Thanks,

SteveM