Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can't activate ACT 2007

Can't activate ACT 2007

Hi,

We've had to wipe and reinstall a users desktop, and I've reinstalled ACT Premium for Workgroup 2007. I'm trying to activate the software, but it doesn't seem able to do it across the internet, I've disabled the firewall and tried, and it doesn't even look like it tries to connect to the license site, as soon as you press the button, it just pops up with unable to contact license site, please try phone activation. I've started up a network monitor program (etherreal) and it doesn't show any traffic going to the ACT license site all all.

I've also tried the phone activation, but the UK activation number (0845 245 0276) doesn't exist any more, which is very irritating, I can't believe ACT would stop using the number, without providing some kind of number forwarding. I've also tried the 'other' UK number, with is always busy.

Can someone please provide a working UK activation number? Or tell me how to activate across the internet?

Cheers

Ben

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Can't activate ACT 2007

Hello Ben,

I can not help you but I can tell you that I had this same problem in the past.

I spent a long time trying to register and get answers by e-mail.

I had to contact US by phone. One very capable technician (yes, they have some) logged in my computer, cleared some files and instructed me to re-install ACT. It worked out.

I supposed that was only a matter "to register" but I was wrong. There was some problems with registry in my computer.

She solved (is was a lady !). I´ve been using ACT in last 12 years. Some times is disappointing (still using V2007 and affraid of up grading). To be honest I still have problems. Whenever I log in ACT I am decide "to remain evaluating..." and I am "evaluating" in last 6 months. Using two licenses one works fine.

I hope you can solve your problem.

Mac

Mac, Jorge A. Mac Genity
Using ACT! by Sage 2013 Pro Version 15.1.108.0, on Windows 7
Intel Core I7-2600 CPU @ 3,40 GHz
12,0 GB - 64 bits - NVidia GForce GTX 360 SE
Tuned Listener

UK support is 0845 111 5555

Regards,
Cesc

NB: The web activation is handled by a 3rd party company called Protexis, so you would see any 'traffic' to ether the ACT! domain or the Sage domain

Tuned Listener

Ben,

If you can provide your Operating System and ACT! versions I may be able to help you..

Hi Cesc,

OS is WIndows XP SP3, Act version is 2007/9.0.1.162 hotfix 3.

I tried to phone support on Friday, but I got passed between 2 departments, support put me through to activation, who I gave my license key & installation code to, but they said it was an invalid installation code (although valid license key), and I would have to go back to support so they could rename some files. I went back to support, but after 20 minutes on hold I hung up.

I don't understand why this won't work properly, its a clean install!

Ben