Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can't access my database

Can't access my database

My hard drive crashed and had to be replaced. I reinstalled ACT and have Carbonite so I was able to restore my files but do not remember my id and password for ACT.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Can't access my database

If it's a single user database there likely isn't a password and the user name would be your name. It may or may not have your middle initial.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

LarryH,
Per Roy's suggestion, try variations of your name for the user name and leave the password blank.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

but you can't access a database without a password.

Passwords are optional - if you haven't created a password, then you would leave the password field blank when logging in. Most single users do not create a password for their database.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Greg, I hope that the customer service rep has contacted you regarding my issue. I did create a password when creating my database, and now can't access it as you sent me instructions for duplicating my database that included me to "Reset Password button; click Finish; click Close.  Now I can't acess my data base at all to fix the SQL issues I've been having that you also sent me instructions on.  I can't even OPEN MY OWN DATABASE now.  Please help to fix this. Day 6.